Importing WordPress into a Joomla Website
1. Backup your WordPress site to your hard drive, so that you can import it later on. The simplest way to do this is with the backup manager that comes with WordPress.
2. Download and install the full Joomblog package from Joomla’s “Extensions” page (see Resources below). Make sure that the package contains 4 files:
com_joomblog_2.2 RC4.zip (this is the main component)
mod_joomblog_2.2 RC4.zip (this is the module you’ll use for registering and moderating visitors)
bot_joomblog_2.2 RC4.zip (a bot that will allow comments to blog posts)
plug_cbjoomblogtag 1.0.zip (this is the Community Builder plug-in)
3. Click Components. In the dropdown menu, click on Joomblog. Select your backed-up WordPress file, and click Import WordPress. You can view your articles by clicking “Content by Section” and next “WordPress_Joomla.”
Importing WordPress into a Joomla Website with JD-WordPress
1. Backup your WordPress site to your hard drive, so that you can import it later on. The simplest, fastest way is to use the backup manager that comes with WordPress. Download and install the JD-WordPress module.
2. Import the backed-up WordPress file into the same directory as Joomla. Click “Components.” On the menu that comes up, click on JD-WordPress and then click “Manage.”
3. Edit each of your posts and then put them in categories. Click “Save” when you are done.
4.You can now post new blogs in addition to any of the blogs that you have previously posted on your WordPress blog. You can also allow visitors to view and post comments to your blogs.