This is a script to make pagination in PHP like digg.com or flickr.com.
This script was written by a guy from Stranger Studios. In this page I’ve edit the script a little bit to make it working and easy to edit. You can grab the original script at Digg-Style Pagination. My tutorial is just a guide how to implemente in your PHP script.
This is what you’ll get after finished this code
Grab the code and paste in your text editor.
You have to customize 7 spots in this code (see images below).
1. Code to connect to your DB– place or include your code to connect to database.
2. $tbl_name – your table name.
3. $adjacents – how many adjacent pages should be shown on each side.
4. $targetpage – is the name of file ex. I saved this file as pagination.php, my $targetpage should be “pagination.php”.
5. $limit – how many items to show per page.
6. “SELECT column_name – change to your own column.
7. Replace your own while..loop here – place your code to echo results here.